- The MRI
- Datasets, Databases & Tools
- MRI Background documents
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), jointly with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Population and Environment and with support from the European Union, is hosting an International Conference titled “Resilient Hindu Kush Himalaya: Developing Solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia” from 3 to 6 December in Kathmandu, Nepal. This event will feature a special poster session dedicated to showcasing the innovative knowledge, solutions, and policies that young change-makers are contributing to for resilience-building in the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH).
The aim of this special session is to give youth working in the HKH an opportunity to present their innovations in relation to the conference theme. The best submissions will present new knowledge, innovative resilience solutions, and/or creative ideas for engaging communities in resilience-building action. The posters should clearly relate to one or more of the identified themes and should contribute to the overall conference dialogue.
A total of 20 posters will be selected for presentation, with representation from all eight countries of the HKH—Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. The top five posters will receive a commendation at the closing ceremony.
1. A limited number of selected presenters will be considered for financial support to attend the conference.
2. All poster proposals must be submitted by 8 September 2017, 5 pm (Nepal Standard Time) via our web form.
3. Young change-makers will be informed of their selection by 16 October 2017.
4. This call for posters is open only to individuals whose work is in HKH countries—Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan.